You must know that it is possible to control an Android phone through a computer. It is beneficial at times, especially when the phone is in a bag or anywhere else and you can’t use it. Also, typing a long text is easy and fast on the computer as compared to the Smartphone. You can either use the built-in Windows function or use a dedicated third-party screen mirroring app for that. Let’s have a look at the process of controlling an Android phone through a Windows computer.
Controlling the Android phone through Windows 10
You can use Your Phone app that is there on Windows 10 to access your phone through the PC. It is a default app that allows you to check the recent calls, messages, photos. Even, it is possible to send messages through using it. Here’s how you set it up:
* Firstly, you need to update the app on Windows and install it on your Android Smartphone.
* On both Android and Windows devices, sign in to your Microsoft account.
* Open your phone app on both devices and keep following the instructions that you see on display for connecting.
You might find the setup process a bit complex, but once it is done you need to worry about nothing.
Use AirDroid for accessing your phone via computer
AirDroid is much better than the Your Phone app. It allows you to use almost the feature of the smartphone and don’t even ask you to make a new account for it. Both Mac and Windows users can access it and make the most out of it. You need to have an active internet connection on both smartphone and PC though. Follow these steps:
* Access Google Play Store on your Android phone and download and install AirDroid from there. Give all the asked permission to use it properly.
2. Now, launch a web browser on your PC and visit web.airdroid.com. You will see the QR Code on the web page.
3. You need to scan the same QR code on your phone through the AirDroid app.
4. Then, touch the Sign in option.
5. You have successfully linked your phone’s features with your computer and can use them efficiently.
It is not possible to use Snapchat on your computer or laptop with the use of AirDroid, as it doesn’t support third-party apps!
Hence, these are the best ways of controlling your Android phone with your Windows computer. Applications like AirMirror, MightyText, Pushbullet, and Vysor will help in the same way as well. Choose any of the options that you find the best!
Richard Turner is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.